Vista Outdoor Sr. Information Security Engineer in Anoka Distribution Center, Minnesota
Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Senior Security Engineer will provide the highest quality of information assurance solutions to our business. The primary function of this role is to be responsible for developing and implementing security solutions, including the ongoing assessment and tracking of adherence to required security guidelines across the enterprise computing environment. The Senior Security Engineer must have a strong background in information security and a proven ability to deliver under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education and/or work related experience
• Seven or more years’ experience in information security
• Three to five years in an IT administration (e.g., Network, Windows) role
• Experience working with compliance and regulatory program requirements
• Experience analyzing network, event and security logs, and/or IDS alert logs
• Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple concurrent projects
• Proven leadership and mentoring capabilities
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, applied with a solution-focused attitude
• Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy
• Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
• Excellent teamwork skills
• One of more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISA, CEH, CSSLP, CHFI, CCSP, GCIH, GCIA, PMP, ITIL v3, CompTIA Security ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Designs and plans infrastructure security systems and provides specifications including detailed schematics for infrastructure security architecture.
• Engineer, manage, maintain and deploy global security services/tools to protect the environment, including, but not limited to: SEIM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, endpoint protection, vulnerability management, forensics software and security incident response
• Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; providing technical support and completing documentation
• Perform server and application vulnerability scanning using approved tools and recommend and coordinate the application of fixes and patches in accordance with security policies.
• Understanding emerging security threats, trends, practices and standards; utilizing threat intelligence to design technical solutions to capture and report on key indicators of compromise.
• Lead incident response activities, investigations and responses. Responsible for the prevention, detection, investigation and response with respect to security threats and attacks.
• Evaluates key compliance frameworks (SOX, GDPR, PCI, NIST, ITAR, ISO27001), business-driven requirements, and current state practices and policies, to recommend and implement security enhancements.
• Researches, designs and advocates new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners and vendors
• Enhances department and organization reputation by seeking out opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team, the department, and the organization.
• Mentoring, developing, and answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Mental Requirements: Ability to work alone and in team environment.
Equipment Used: Standard PC
Working Environment: Part of a team of other engineers/analysts
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Vista Outdoor is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by law. The EEO Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Vista Outdoor will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.