Vista Outdoor Associate Sales Manager- Specialty Optical in Sacramento, California
Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Reporting directly to the Global Sales Director the Sales Manager Specialty Optical is responsible for all sales activities with the bollé/Cébé/Serengeti products in USA for the Optical specialty channel. The position is representing one of the leading suppliers in the sunglasses, sport RX equipment, goggles, ski helmets and cycling helmets categories and a key position in the US Sales team.
This role is a work from home position that will reside in a market near a major airport. Locations recommended: California, Texas, New York and Georgia. Others will be considered.
• Development of market share in the optical specialty network
• Launch of Cébé in the optical specialty channel
• Responsible for the sales performance (sales and margins) and growth of Adventure Projections brands in the optical specialty market
• Close cooperation with the Mass Market team in order to have parallel growth of the two channels
• Annual Sales and Expenses budget creation and management of the same
• Define, together with the Global Sales Director the sales strategy differentiated according to the target customers business objectives, market analysis, volume, price strategy and promotions
• Ability to oversee and coach external sales agents
• With approval from the Global Sales Director negotiate conditions, referrals, operations, trade marketing and promotional schedules with optical key accounts
• Setup of agreements and annual plans with key customers and sales agents
• Develop new partnerships and continuously seek opportunities for business development
• Product supply forecasting
• Sales reporting to finance and hierarchical leader in cooperation with trade marketing
Travel and Office:
The position is home office based. Regular travels within the area of responsibility are required. Attendance on tradeshows and on GTM meetings also required.
-In depth knowledge of the US optical market
-Proven sales experience in optical products a plus
-Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
-minimum of 3years’s experience sales
-Proven ability to meet sales and profitability targets (with equal emphasis on both).
-Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and writing skills for both internal and external use.
-Understanding of forecasting, promotions planning and budgeting, and retail math; with the ability to use such in compelling presentations.
-Analytical orientation; possessing the ability to understand business opportunities, trends, and issues.
-Flexible and versatile, it will adapt to a plurality of customers
-Strongly self-motivated, leadership and organizational skills.
-Proficient in key Microsoft Office programs including Excel and PowerPoint.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Vista Outdoor is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by law. The EEO Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Vista Outdoor will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.