Vista Outdoor Maintenance Mechanic A - 2nd Shift in Westfield, Massachusetts
Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Under minimal supervision, performs all maintenance and repair trade functions such as: repair, build, moves machinery and mechanical equipment: fabricate parts; maintain internal and external systems and facilities. Diagnoses malfunctions and operating difficulties, determines and performs required repairs on a wide variety of equipment, systems and machinery including CNC Machines.
• Sets up and operates all machine shop equipment to fit machine or fabricate a wide variety of complex parts
• Uses precision measuring instruments, hand and power tools.
• Reads blueprints, drawings, sketches, and interprets OEM technical manuals.
• Performs basic electrical systems work.
• Performs all welding functions as required.
• Trains and directs the work of lower mechanics. Recommends action in complex situations.
• Observes safety rules and safe work habits.
• Observes proper procedures ensure quality work.
• Detects and reports any unusual or defective conditions.
• May perform other related duties as assigned.
• Make recommendations for improvement.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Vista Outdoor is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by law. The EEO Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com . Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Vista Outdoor will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.